Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm such an idiot

So I was on my way to Starbucks today. I just have to take a moment to remind you that Starbucks is one of the greatest places on earth. It's like a magical cave that when you walk in something comes over you and you really don't mind paying $52 for a 4 oz cup of coffee and a delightful pastry. Anyway, I was on my way there today and I saw the hot guy in my apartment complex turning into the same Starbucks!!! My heart started beating fast and i got really excited. I'm sure my blood sugar was hitting all time highs from all the emotion going through my body in 15 seconds. This guy is so cute, and business-like. You can just tell he has a good head on his shoulders. I'm not really sure why you can tell that just by how someone is dressed, but i like to think positive. So, he is in front of me in line right, and I decide I'm gonna say something to him. I'm racking my brain to think of anything clever to say, anything at all really. Looking back on it, probably the most appropriate thing to say would have been "Hi, my name is Erin. I think I have seen you in my apartment building." Then maybe we could have built our wonderfully planned future from there. I kind of panicked though. This is what came out of my mouth, " You have nice hands." Why? Why would I say that? Who says that? There was no, hi. No, my name is Erin. "You have nice hands." I really think I scared him. I blamed it on the diabetes. I just said to myself that my blood sugar must have been dangerously low or high, which caused every good social behavior to fly right out the window. Wow, I'm an idiot!!!

1 comment:

Holly's Rants said...

If he smiled and said "Thank you" then you have his attention! (You are NOT stupid). If he ran screaming out of the coffee shop without his double latte, then he's either gay, married or hung up on his mother. Next time you see him, remember to smile and wave, OK? Love you, Girl! (You crack me up!)
~Aunt Holly