Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Resolutions

so, it's a little over a week into the new year. I am so pumped about this year I can hardly stand it. I have so many big plans, now just have to follow through on them all. I know a lot of people say they never make resolutions cause it is just a big set up for failure and i don't think there has been one year that i have actually stuck with any of mine. I'm making quite a few this year just so i know that at least one of them has to work. Here they are:

1. I am going to do at least one thing that makes me happy everyday. It doesn't have to be a big thing, just somethimg to make me smile.
2. I am going to change at least one thing that is bringing me down everyday. Again does not have to be big things, but it can be.
3. I am going to save 20 to 25 thousand this year. 10 of it to go towards my move to Chicago next January, WOO HOO!!! The other 10 to 15 to go towards my hospital debt, or just my debt in general. This one is gonna be really difficult but i know i can do it.
4. I am going to stop dating losers and start dating really nice doctors. This one is just for fun but I think i can make it happen.
5. Lastly of course it is to take care of myself. To really try my best to stay healthy. This is an every year resolution though.

On a different note I met a girl today that has juvenile diabetes. She is 19 and was diagnosed a year and a half ago. I literally wanted to cry for her because she is in the stage that she really doesn't care about herself or her body and she is damaging it so much by not taking her medicine. I was with her for about four hours today and I saw her eat a huge ahi tuna salad, a huge sirloin sandwich, some coconut shrimp, and about six cokes. She weighs about a hundred pounds too. I just wanted to scream for her cause I know exactly how she is feeling emotionally and physically and it is such a dark place to be. She told me that she just wanted to die. She would rather be dead than live with this disease and it breaks my heart because she will die if she continues on the path that she leads. I struggle everyday. I struggle to take the shots when they hurt and i struggle to deal with the lows in the middle of the night. I thank God though that I actually have a second chance at this and I hope that she realizes how precious her life really is before it's too late.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!!!!!!

No comments: