Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cheating Destiny

I wrote on here earlier but I just had to write again. I was at Starbucks this morning drinking my tea and reading A book called Cheating Destiny. The author is James S. Hirsch. It is an eye opening look into the life of a diabetic especially a two year old boy. Everyone go get this book. Go to your library, go to the bookstore. I don't care just go get this book. There are so many of you that read this daily and only know what Diabetes is like from my blogs. This man in this book says everything that I have ever wanted to say and so much more. For all of you that are getting me presents for Christmas, don't. Instead go get this book and read it. Simply knowing what my life really is day in and day out means more to me than anything. The little boy in this book is the whole reason that I am going to school and he is the reason that i want to become someone that can help. Someone that can understand and say, "this is gonna hurt but, you can do it." Please, please, please read this book and maybe everyone will understand at least one tenth more of why it is so important to educate people about this disease and the overall importance to finding a cure.

No comments: