Thursday, November 15, 2007

Faith

One definition for faith is the firm belief in something for which there is no proof. For some people faith comes easily. The optimistic, the hopeful find it easy to have total and complete faith in something to which may not be true. So many people have faith in so many different crazy things. They find it easier to put their faith in something other than themselves. It is easier to believe in something that so many other people believe in rather than taking the chance to believe in someone. The last week or so I have come to realize that having faith in anything requires you to really have faith in yourself first. Truely believing that inside yourself there is something that is gonna make a difference. Once I have that faith then no cold, flu or any illness will be able to stop it. Jimmy Carter once said,"I have one life and one chance to make it count for something...I'm free to chose what that something is, and the something I've chosen is my faith. Now, my faith goes beyond theology and religion and requires considerable work and effort. My faith demands-that is not optional-my faith demands that I do whatever I can, wherever I am, whenever i can, for as long as i can with whatever i have to try and make a difference."

No comments: