Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Almonds

So yesterday started off with me being pissed off at my low blood sugar, and for no reason at all ,bananas. My day got better, but after it got worse first. I went to the pharmacy to get a refill on my test strips to test my blood sugar. Of course there was a problem. Why wouldn't there be? They told me that insurance wouldn't pay for them until it was a month since the last time i got them. Ok first of all I get 50 test strips each time. For all you mathematically challenged that is less than two a day when I am supposed to be checking it at least four times a day. I got pretty mad. It's like I'm in the middle of this sick joke where i am trying my hardest and every pharmacist is out to get me!! So I got a little angry, and in my anger I stopped at the ice cream section, the candy section, and the section with the delicious, all time favorite twinkie!! I just looked though and wanted. I opted for a can of roasted almonds. Well, while the whole can only had 12 carbs, the calories were around 800. That is like two meals for me. I ate the whole thing. I was like this unstoppable beast with these almonds! They are really good. Of course after each handful I kept telling myself to stop, but i just couldn't. I then got really angry at myself for my little moment of weakness. I had to really stop and kind of just talk to myself. The people in cars beside me probably thought i was some kind of crazy person. First throwing handfuls of almonds in my mouth like it was the only thing I had eaten in weeks then trying to calm myself down by talking to myself!! I went shopping to ease my anger a little. They had a sale on flip flops and I felt like i was being rewarded for picking up almonds instead of twinkies. All in all it was a kind of not so good day but I made it through and today is full of all new things! I hope everyone has a great day!!

1 comment:

sue said...

Erin, Thank you for sharing with your family. The picture that you have drawn will help us to understand in small measure your struggle and your truly heroic effort to change and empower yourself. What makes me so proud is your honesty, your caring heart, and your determination to set these bad times into positve energy. Keep doing what you are doing. You will be making a difference in your life and so many more. You are a gift. I love you. Gramma