Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I just wanna sleep

I had a low blood sugar at about 4 this morning. I JUST WANNA SLEEP!!! If my blood sugar is too high, i have to get up and go pee every thirty minutes. If my blood sugar gets too low, i wake up shaking in cold sweats feeling like a freaking monster that has to have food! I just want to sleep a night the whole way through. For eight years now every time i blow out candles on a cake, have an eyelash on my cheek, or get the bigger piece of a wishbone i wish for just one day. I wish for just one day that I feel good. I have perfect blood sugars. My fingers don't bruise after each prick. I don't start to bleed after each shot. My stomach doesn't hurt after each meal, and a full nights sleep. Just one day of feeling good. I don't even wish for my diabetes to be gone. Now I just want one day. I'm kind of down today. That low blood sugar this morning just really pissed me off. The only thing that could have made it worse would have been if the only thing i had that could bring it back up was a banana! Man, I hate bananas. I don't even know why but just the thought of them makes me angry.

2 comments:

Emily N said...

Hope your day has gone better than your morning. I don't care for bananas either. But the idea of them making you angry is kinda funny. Sorry, but I actually thought it was a sweet and cute thing for you to admit. Even though you hate them it made me laugh to hear about it - so you made somebody laugh today already! Thanks!!!!

Morning Rider said...

Whether it was the sweat running feverishly out of my pores or just the slick residue created when jungle rain mixes with the guts of trees and the excrement of a million insects, I was thoroughly soaked - and lost.
The old, smelly Panamanian I met three nights ago outside Trader Vics told me the full moon would serve as my guide. Either he was a wise ass and knew about the storm, or a dumb ass local who just sounded wise.
That's what I was thinking when I was cursing and hacking my way through the various palms and ferns which together blocked me from my objective.
Just as I thrashed my machete through the limb of a rather prickly green conspirator, three things happened - A howler monkey let out a maddening cacophony as if something had just bitten off his little monkey nuts; my right foot slipped off a well-lubricated rock and into the path of my machete; and the moon peaked from behind its gauzy veil to reveal to me the enemies I was tracking.
They were not even 20 yards in front of me and hanging from a branchless tree.
Fucking bananas! The whole bunch of them were about to suffer my revenge...