Sunday, September 30, 2007

Love

I really value love. Every kind of love. The love from family that is never ending no matter how many times you mess up. The love of friends that are there to make you laugh and say what an asshole the newest crush is because he broke your heart. The love of a friend that will tell you that you look kind of hoochie in the dress you just bought. The love of a friend that will sit and cry with you not even knowing what the problem is but they are there anyway. One of the most powerful loves, which shouldn't be, is that of a significant other. This love can make you or break you. You can feel like the luckiest person in the world, or you can feel like your heart was just shattered into a million little pieces and it's never gonna be put back quite the same. I was thinking about this kind of love in particular last night. I was listening to sad song after sad song about love lost, love never found, and the love that could have been but the boy was just too stupid to realize it. You know what I mean about those stupid boys. The best thing was right in their face and you just want to kick them in the balls so they can feel something, anything from you. I could literally smack some men in my life like that. One of my boyfriends once told me that if i went into the hospital one more time that he would have to let me go, like i was being fired or something. I was livid and hurt at the same time. I have diabetes. It wasn't like I was chronically late to dates or anything. I really hate the loves that hurt for months and months afterwards, but lets be honest when you really love someone when does it not hurt for that long? When you picture yourself seeing them months down the road and you look absolutely stunning of course and they are still so so. They look at you and just say, "I made a mistake." I hate that it really hurts sometimes but then other times its no big deal. I think the worst thing about losing that kind of love is the realization that the person that you cared so deeply for, doesn't care in the same. Most people eventually find the love that they are searching for. Sometimes its just automatic. Sometimes its a struggle but well worth every minute. I haven't found that love yet. A couple of times I thought i had found it until one of those friends stepped in and said, "What are you thinking?" This had nothing really to do with diabetes. It was just on my mind today. I have had a pretty good day. I'm exhausted for some reason. Anyway, I hope that everyone today has a little bit of love in their lives. Whether it be, a family member, a friend, or a significant other. I don't want to sound cliche, but love can heal a whole hell of a lot. So, go hug that great big guy of yours, tell your mom she looks pretty, or just sit in the park making fun of what other people wear with a friend. Have a good one!

No comments: