Monday, September 17, 2007

Laughter is the best medicine

I can't sleep, so I am writing on here again. I laughed today. The kind of laugh that brings tears to your eyes and makes your stomach hurt. The women in my family have the ability to laugh this way about nothing at all. It can be just two of us or all of us together. We could laugh for thirty minutes about a peanut sitting on a table and by the end of it all, no one knows what we were laughing at in the first place. I love it!! Earlier tonight it was about different salad toppings with my mom. Thinking about the conversation later I cried. I cried because I had not felt that good in a very long time. I cried because even though it lasted for only ten minutes, i had never felt more alive. I want to spend this blog talking about my mom for a bit. She is the strongest person I have ever known. My brother and I alone have probably put a few gray hairs on her head. Ok a side note. while writing this i just had a low blood sugar. I freaking hate low blood sugars. Bananas and low blood sugars are like buddies out to ruin anyone's day! Anyway like I was saying my mom is a very strong person, but everyone says that about their mother. I respect my mom more than anything. Anything great that my life will become, it is because of her. She can be in such a stressful situation and handle it with such calmness and grace. She amazes me everyday how she handles two grown children, three children under the age of seven, a husband, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, having a strong faith, home schooling, dealing with everyday challenges, all while living in an RV!!! While being with her these past three weeks we have spent a lot of time together and had a lot of tough conversations. I have a tattoo that says Agape, which means love of the family or unconditional love. My mom is the heart of that. She is what makes jake, greyson, harrison, lila and I whole. Not a lot of people can say that they have a close relationship with their mothers. Even less consider their mother to be one of their best friends. I am so lucky and fortunate to be able to say both. I love you mom.

No comments: