Monday, September 24, 2007

Tough

I can remember one of the worst times that I have had in my life. I was in the hospital. I don't remember how I got there. I know that I was really sick though. I remember I was in and out of it. I remember waking up and throwing up in a trash can. My boyfriend was there at the time. I wasn't embarrassed or anything. He had seen a lot worse from me I'm sure. I fell back asleep. When I woke back up my dad was by my side. His head was in his hands. I kind of just sat there and I could feel my heart breaking, because I knew what I was doing to myself all along. For the first time though i saw what I was doing to the people most important to me. I will never forget that night. I'll never forget the voicemail from my brother telling me that he loved me. I have hated myself for what i put people through. Anyway I was just thinking about that...

1 comment:

Emily N said...

Erin, I think you may be being a bit too tough on yourself here. It's good to recognize that your actions affect other people, but don't forget it works both ways. How many times have you been disappointed by others? I guess that's life. But, it should be said that you've given a lot of happiness and laughter to people too. I know you've given me more happiness and fun times than I can count.