Thursday, October 4, 2007

God Can You Find Me Here

I had a pretty good day today. I still have some physical issues going on with my body, but it was not too bad today. It is days like today though that give me just a little spark of hope that one day I will get better. Its the little moments when I laugh genuinely, or say something crazy. It's these moments that let me know even though i have been living in a world of lies for the past eight years, there are still pieces of the real me that exist. There are some days that I don't want to take this hard road. There are days that i would give anything to be someone different, to not have the struggles that I have had. I wish that I could just walk away from it all. The finger pricks would turn into ice cream cones. The shots would become day after day of happiness. There are so many days that i wake up thinking, "God can you just find me here?" Some days he finds me. Today he found me...

1 comment:

Holly's Rants said...

My dear Erin,

Your Aunt Charlci sent me the link to your blog today and I've read each post.

You, my sweet niece, have grown into an amazing woman! It takes great courage to face the dark places in our souls (most of us keep our Shadows in the dark, feeding them with lies of isolation until they have grown so large they overtake not only ourselves but everyone who loves us). You are not only facing your personal darkness, you are sharing your journey with all of us who are brave enough to travel with you.

I love you, Erin. Thank you for sharing yourself with us.

~Aunt Holly