Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I just...don't know

When do you step in and say, "Let me help you. Let me take this off your shoulders. Let me make this easier for you." How far or how hard does someone you love have to fall before you say, "Let me pick you back up and dust you off." I think there is something in each and every one of us that yearns for someone to say, "it's ok." Everyone of us struggle in some way. The difference in a lot of us is that person that says, "It's ok." That person that shows you there is another way. Someone that can't take it all away but can make it just a bit easier. Someone to say, "this is gonna be hard. you are gonna have times that suck but you know what? It's ok. tomorrow may not be better, but i'll be here when it isn't." I love the part in Forrest Gump when Tom Hanks says, " I don't know much, but I know what love is." You don't have to be a genius to feel love. Love is simply this; when you are lost and almost gone it's the voice that says, "it's ok, let me help you find a way out of here." This voice can be from many or just one. Love is when you feel like you can no longer go on, that you might not make it another day and that voice says, "You can." I was in a deep deep whole that I felt like I was fighting to get out of but going nowhere. I had someone pull me out of that whole, and help me to see that I didn't have to hide anymore. They stepped in and said, "Let me help you. Let me get you out of here." I know that I have written about my mom before, but I think she is worth mentioning again. I don't think that I could ever explain how wonderful of a person she is. She is not only an amazing mother but if you ask any of her friends they would say that she is fantastic. The thing that amazes me the most is how much faith she has. Not only in God, but in herself, her marriage, her family and most of all me. She accepts me for everything that I am and everything that I'm not. I know you are thinking well, she is your mother, that is her job. She doesn't have to though. I know so many people that their mothers don't accept them for everything that they are. I am so lucky that I get to see Greyson, Harrison, and Lila with her. They look at her like she is the one and only important thing in their life. They may not act that way sometimes but they look at her like that. I'm sure it is very similar to the way that Jake and i look at her. She may not know it yet, but she has shaped me into everything that i have wanted to be. She has been the influence that I have always had but never knew.The great things that i know I will be are because she loves me. I wish I could be as strong as her, and I can't wait for the day that I say, "Wow, I sound just like my mom." I was lost and almost gone and she said, "It's ok."

2 comments:

Morning Rider said...

And of course we all know why your mother is such a good person - She owes everything to the influence of her brother.

Emily N said...

Sometimes that voice inside that says, "it's ok and I love you" is also just yourself. Loving yourself and helping yourself can be just as important. You are strong.