Friday, October 26, 2007

Moments

The past few months have been a whirl wind of emotions. There are some moments that passed by that i didn't even get to feel. There is something to be said in a moment. There is a quote that says, " It's not about how many breaths you take. It's about how many moments take your breath away." I really feel like this is true. How much is a life, if you aren't living it? How much is it worth if you don't take time to realize that your breath was just taken away? When I first think of that quote I think of all the good things that take my breath away. A first kiss. A surprise of joy. An unexpected smile from a stranger. The first morning of fall. Watching the birth of a child. Or the first moment going down a hill on a roller coaster. As I sit here and drink my tea, I also think about the things that are not so great that have taken my breath away. A last goodbye. Waking up from a bad dream. Facing something that you don't want to face. Realizing that you are in trouble. Seeing police lights behind you. Running a mile without stopping. Someone jumping out of nowhere to scare you. I guess my point is that when i have a moment that takes my breath away, whether it be good or bad, it lets me know that I'm still breathing. I'm still living my life and not just letting it pass me by. No matter what kind of day i have at the end of it I find myself still breathing and for right now thats good enough for me.

1 comment:

Holly's Rants said...

Wisdom well beyond your age, my friend. Yes, those incredible moments that take our breath away. You have given me many of those, you know. This is one of them!

I love you, Erin.